Over the course of a one (1) year subscription, certificants have the opportunity to stay current in industry trends and earn recertification points via:
- Journal Quiz: Quizzes from 4 different SH&E journals per year
- 41 topics available (fall protection, PPE, healthcare, housekeeping, construction, etc.)
- 0.1 points earned per quiz
- KSA Quest: 25-question “Quests” on the following topics: adult education, fall protection, hazardous materials, misc. safety topics, risk management
- 0.25 points earned per each Quest completed
- Challenge Tests: Two available per year: A 100-question test and a 50-question test
- 1 point earned per 100-question test
- 0.5 points earned per 50-question test
- Microlearning: Videos, documents, and audio clips on various SH&E topics
- 0.1 points earned per 1-hour reviewed/assessed
- Video Library: 20 videos available ranging from: AI in the workplace, injury investigation, intoxication in the workplace, etc.
- 0.1 points earned per 1-hour of videos watched
All points will be automatically entered into your CMS recertification worksheet within 24 hours of being earned.
Recertification points are earned from the beginning of certificants’ recertification cycles through the cycle end date of June 30. The recertification worksheet, accounting for points earned during that time period, is to be submitted by July 31 following the recertification cycle’s June 30 end date. Points earned in the July 1-31 time period after the cycle end date are applied to the following recertification cycle, which begins July 1 and runs five years until the certification’s next June 30 recertification cycle end date. You may submit your recertification worksheet any time upon completion.
Full details on the process of recertification can be found on the Recertification web page
Subscribers will have a total of three (3) attempts to pass each individual course. After a third attempt, or first successful attempt, the course will no longer be accessible. You must pass with 80% or higher to achieve the applicable points.